Re: Denver7

  • Patricia Vivien Yarrow
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16 12:44 PM
      Good heavens! Ray Tripp was my Anglo-Saxon and Arthurian studies
      prof at the University of Denver back in 1977-81. He did indeed
      write on the subject of Lewis (though he wasn't fond of Tolkien). I
      had no idea he was still active.

      I think I may have more information on an Inklings based magazine
      here in Denver, but several years ago. It was not Dr. Tripp's
      publication. I'll see if I can find anything.

      Patricia Yarrow

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Joe R. Christopher"
      <jchristopher@t...> wrote:
      > >Does anyone know anything about a publication called Inklings that
      is (or
      > >was) based in Denver? Someone told me about it, but a Google
      search turned
      > up
      > >nothing. If it's OUR Inklings, then I'd be interested in it.
      > >Anne
      > >
      > Anne,
      >
      > You might try
      > C. S. Lewis Center
      > run by Raymond Tripp
      > St. Mark's Parish
      > 1405 South Vine Street
      > Denver CO 80210.
      >
      > There was a man in Denver who published several studies related to
      Lewis
      > (and maybe the Inklings) and the name _Tripp_ _sounds_ right--but
      I'm not
      > certain.
      >
      > --Joe
    • Patricia Vivien Yarrow
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16 12:58 PM
        I *believe* this is the address for the publication in question,
        which is described as a "literary and arts quarterly." It is most
        likely the one that Janet referenced. The phone number doesn't seem
        to be functional - I get a fast busy signal. 8-(

        Inklings
        "Threads of Truth From Art and Story"
        quarterly
        Contact: Paradox Publishing, 1650 Washington St., Denver, CO 80203
        (303) 861-8191

        Patricia Yarrow
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16 4:36 PM
          In a message dated 6/16/2003 2:50:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
          yarrowp@... writes:

          > Ray Tripp was my Anglo-Saxon and Arthurian studies
          > prof at the University of Denver back in 1977-81. He did indeed
          > write on the subject of Lewis (though he wasn't fond of Tolkien). I
          > had no idea he was still active.

          Possibly because Tolkien wasn't fond of Arthur!

          Diamond Proudbrook