Re: Denver7

  • Joe R. Christopher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
      >Does anyone know anything about a publication called Inklings that is (or
      >was) based in Denver? Someone told me about it, but a Google search turned
      up
      >nothing. If it's OUR Inklings, then I'd be interested in it.
      >Anne

      Anne,

      You might try
      C. S. Lewis Center
      run by Raymond Tripp
      St. Mark's Parish
      1405 South Vine Street
      Denver CO 80210.

      There was a man in Denver who published several studies related to Lewis
      (and maybe the Inklings) and the name _Tripp_ _sounds_ right--but I'm not
      certain.

      --Joe
    • Patricia Vivien Yarrow
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
        Good heavens! Ray Tripp was my Anglo-Saxon and Arthurian studies
        prof at the University of Denver back in 1977-81. He did indeed
        write on the subject of Lewis (though he wasn't fond of Tolkien). I
        had no idea he was still active.

        I think I may have more information on an Inklings based magazine
        here in Denver, but several years ago. It was not Dr. Tripp's
        publication. I'll see if I can find anything.

        Patricia Yarrow

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Joe R. Christopher"
        <jchristopher@t...> wrote:
        > >Does anyone know anything about a publication called Inklings that
        is (or
        > >was) based in Denver? Someone told me about it, but a Google
        search turned
        > up
        > >nothing. If it's OUR Inklings, then I'd be interested in it.
        > >Anne
        > >
        > Anne,
        >
        > You might try
        > C. S. Lewis Center
        > run by Raymond Tripp
        > St. Mark's Parish
        > 1405 South Vine Street
        > Denver CO 80210.
        >
        > There was a man in Denver who published several studies related to
        Lewis
        > (and maybe the Inklings) and the name _Tripp_ _sounds_ right--but
        I'm not
        > certain.
        >
        > --Joe
      • Patricia Vivien Yarrow
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
          I *believe* this is the address for the publication in question,
          which is described as a "literary and arts quarterly." It is most
          likely the one that Janet referenced. The phone number doesn't seem
          to be functional - I get a fast busy signal. 8-(

          Inklings
          "Threads of Truth From Art and Story"
          quarterly
          Contact: Paradox Publishing, 1650 Washington St., Denver, CO 80203
          (303) 861-8191

          Patricia Yarrow
        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
            In a message dated 6/16/2003 2:50:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
            yarrowp@... writes:

            > Ray Tripp was my Anglo-Saxon and Arthurian studies
            > prof at the University of Denver back in 1977-81. He did indeed
            > write on the subject of Lewis (though he wasn't fond of Tolkien). I
            > had no idea he was still active.

            Possibly because Tolkien wasn't fond of Arthur!

            Diamond Proudbrook