Alama's _The Eye of Night_

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13 4:57 AM
      Last week or so I finished reading Pauline Alama's _The Eye of Night_. It
      is a mass market ppbk fantasy novel published under the Bantam / Spectra
      imprint. Since it was already on the shelves at the local Borders, I
      special ordered it at Barnes and Noble.

      Anyway, I found it to be an enjoyable read. I liked journeying with the
      main characters. There were contrasts and parallels to themes I had seen
      before, and I think for that reason especially it would make a fun book to
      discuss, either with a friend who had read it also, with Pauline one of
      these days, or in a group.

      So much of what I read nowadays is not the great escape that reading always
      used to be, and it was just a real treat to come across a book that was.
      I'm keeping my copy, and look forward to reading more of her work.

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia