Re: That LotR Musical

  • The Yeti !
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 1, 2003
      A quote from the UK Daily Mail :

      "How will Christopher Tolkien .. greet the news that his father's
      Lord of the Rings trilogy is to be turned into a 3 hour West End
      musical ? JRR Tolkien sold the rights for £ 10000 in 1969. An
      acquientance of Christopher says 'He's catatonic over the success of
      the film and thinks *all* popular entertainment unutterably low'".

      Yeti.

      If this appears twice blame Yahell.
    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
        "Daniel B. Karpouzian" wrote:

        > What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

        No, no, that's for CELEBORN! :D

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>
      • Daniel B. Karpouzian
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
          What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
            "When You're Good to Grishnakh...Grishnakh's Good to You!"

            Janet 8^)

            What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

            > Hmmmmmm...Should I upload it to the "files" area of this list? >>
            >
            > Oh yes please! When did Nimoy ever do a song?

            There's a video of it that's been all over the net. Judging from the
            appearance of his "dancers," I'd say it's from around 1970. It's about
            Bilbo Baggins and is really, really bad.

            Nimoy also has had at least one album out. I think it was before
            original
            Trek went off the air that Nimoy released "Mr. Spock's Music from Outer
            Space." I think I bought it in 7th grade, which would have made it 1967
            or
            1968. He sings on that. He's also on one of the "Golden Throats"
            albums
            singing "Proud Mary." He's not as bad as Shatner, but that's not saying
            much.

            Berni

            <http://www.mythsoc.org>

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to