Re: [mythsoc] RE: [mythsoc}That LotR Musical

    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 1, 2003
      In a message dated 6/1/2003 2:12:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      lunacy2@... writes:

      > As I recall (and I may be wrong) the rumor was Ron Goulart
      > ghost wrote the books.

      I just checked _The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction_ and it says that in the
      acknowledgments for the Tek books, Shatner thanks Ron Goulart for his
      assistance. Usually that sort of statement means that Goulart at least did a lot of
      rewriting and may have indeed have ghostwritten the books.

    • Jack
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 1, 2003
        >I just checked _The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction_ and it says that in the
        >acknowledgments for the Tek books, Shatner thanks Ron Goulart for his
        >assistance. Usually that sort of statement means that Goulart at least
        >did a lot of
        >rewriting and may have indeed have ghostwritten the books.

        Most, if not all, of William Shatner's Tek War books were written by Ron
        Goulart.
        Ron even adapted them to comic book format.

        The television series was at least moderately well-done, but the novels are
        not.

        Now reading -- the ARC of de Lint's Spirits in the Wires

      • The Yeti !
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 1, 2003
          A quote from the UK Daily Mail :

          "How will Christopher Tolkien .. greet the news that his father's
          Lord of the Rings trilogy is to be turned into a 3 hour West End
          musical ? JRR Tolkien sold the rights for £ 10000 in 1969. An
          acquientance of Christopher says 'He's catatonic over the success of
          the film and thinks *all* popular entertainment unutterably low'".

          Yeti.

          If this appears twice blame Yahell.
        • Margaret Dean
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
            "Daniel B. Karpouzian" wrote:

            > What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

            No, no, that's for CELEBORN! :D

            --Margaret Dean
            <margdean@...>
          • Daniel B. Karpouzian
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
              What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
                "When You're Good to Grishnakh...Grishnakh's Good to You!"

                Janet 8^)

                What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

                > Hmmmmmm...Should I upload it to the "files" area of this list? >>
                >
                > Oh yes please! When did Nimoy ever do a song?

                There's a video of it that's been all over the net. Judging from the
                appearance of his "dancers," I'd say it's from around 1970. It's about
                Bilbo Baggins and is really, really bad.

                Nimoy also has had at least one album out. I think it was before
                original
                Trek went off the air that Nimoy released "Mr. Spock's Music from Outer
                Space." I think I bought it in 7th grade, which would have made it 1967
                or
                1968. He sings on that. He's also on one of the "Golden Throats"
                albums
                singing "Proud Mary." He's not as bad as Shatner, but that's not saying
                much.

                Berni

                <http://www.mythsoc.org>

                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to