Re: [mythsoc] RE: [mythsoc}That LotR Musical

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 1, 2003
      As I recall (and I may be wrong) the rumor was Ron Goulart
      ghost wrote the books.

      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 1, 2003
        In a message dated 6/1/2003 2:12:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        lunacy2@... writes:

        > As I recall (and I may be wrong) the rumor was Ron Goulart
        > ghost wrote the books.

        I just checked _The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction_ and it says that in the
        acknowledgments for the Tek books, Shatner thanks Ron Goulart for his
        assistance. Usually that sort of statement means that Goulart at least did a lot of
        rewriting and may have indeed have ghostwritten the books.

      • Jack
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 1, 2003
          >I just checked _The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction_ and it says that in the
          >acknowledgments for the Tek books, Shatner thanks Ron Goulart for his
          >assistance. Usually that sort of statement means that Goulart at least
          >did a lot of
          >rewriting and may have indeed have ghostwritten the books.

          Most, if not all, of William Shatner's Tek War books were written by Ron
          Goulart.
          Ron even adapted them to comic book format.

          The television series was at least moderately well-done, but the novels are
          not.

          Now reading -- the ARC of de Lint's Spirits in the Wires

        • The Yeti !
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 1, 2003
            A quote from the UK Daily Mail :

            "How will Christopher Tolkien .. greet the news that his father's
            Lord of the Rings trilogy is to be turned into a 3 hour West End
            musical ? JRR Tolkien sold the rights for £ 10000 in 1969. An
            acquientance of Christopher says 'He's catatonic over the success of
            the film and thinks *all* popular entertainment unutterably low'".

            Yeti.

            If this appears twice blame Yahell.
          • Margaret Dean
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
              "Daniel B. Karpouzian" wrote:

              > What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

              No, no, that's for CELEBORN! :D

              --Margaret Dean
              <margdean@...>
            • Daniel B. Karpouzian
              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
                What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 11, 2003
                  "When You're Good to Grishnakh...Grishnakh's Good to You!"

                  Janet 8^)

                  What about for Frodo, "Mr. Cellophane" from "Chicago"?

                  > Hmmmmmm...Should I upload it to the "files" area of this list? >>
                  >
                  > Oh yes please! When did Nimoy ever do a song?

                  There's a video of it that's been all over the net. Judging from the
                  appearance of his "dancers," I'd say it's from around 1970. It's about
                  Bilbo Baggins and is really, really bad.

                  Nimoy also has had at least one album out. I think it was before
                  original
                  Trek went off the air that Nimoy released "Mr. Spock's Music from Outer
                  Space." I think I bought it in 7th grade, which would have made it 1967
                  or
                  1968. He sings on that. He's also on one of the "Golden Throats"
                  albums
                  singing "Proud Mary." He's not as bad as Shatner, but that's not saying
                  much.

                  Berni

                  <http://www.mythsoc.org>

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to