Re: [mythsoc] 'Lord of the 'Rings' Musical Planned for UK Stage

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2003
      From: <Stolzi@...>

      > <A
      HREF="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=801&ncid=762&e=10&u=/n
      m/20030528/stage_nm/leisure_britain_rings_dc">Click here: Yahoo! News -
      'Lord of the 'Rings' Musical Planned for UK Stage</A>

      > LONDON (Reuters) - Hobbits, dwarves and elves are heading for the London
      > stage in the world's first major musical of the "Lord of the Rings," its
      backers
      > said on Wednesday.
      >
      > No, no, please, God, no.

      Hey, _Wicked_ (based on the Maguire book) is playing as a musical in San
      Francisco as I type. It stars Kristen Chenoweth (Marion the Librarian in
      the recently televised "Music Man") and someone I can't remember but who is
      a brunette, so I assume Ms. Chenoweth is Glinda and the other woman is the
      wicked witch.

      Berni