Real vs. fictional killers

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2003
      "And then one thinks of some real killers: Craig Peyer
      pulling single women off Mercy Road over to engage
      them in rambling hour-long conversations--how
      pathetic, one thinks, until you remember that he
      eventually murdered one of his victims; or Ted Bundy,
      captured because he was a rotten driver."

      Yes, they mostly are just pathetic. I'd love to see a
      movie which deconstructs the serial-killer evil-genius
      mythos. Something like the way "Unforgiven"
      deconstructed the cowboy movie.

      Steve Law

      This reminded me of an interview I once saw with Charles Manson. He was up
      for a periodic parole review (which he'll never get, of course) and a news
      reporter was interviewing him. It was very strange listening to him,
      because each sentence he spoke seemed to make a superficial kind of sense,
      but when you put them together into paragraphs, it all became sheer
      nonsense, and ideas contradicted each other in turn. He had scary eyes
      that made me think of Rasputin's. I don't know if I felt that way because
      I knew who he was, or because he really does have scary eyes. Hard to
      separate out the two phenomena. ---djb

      http://mail2web.com/ .