Christmas Carol

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 1999
      For those who prefer the George C. Scott version, it's going to be shown on
      Wednesday night.

      I want to watch it again for comparison purposes.

      One problem I had with the Stewart version was the turkey. That turkey
      wasn't even metaphorically anywhere near the size of the boy; in fact it was
      a very scrawny looking turkey, to me. And when Scrooge went to Fred's house
      for Christmas dinner, they welcomed him, he came right on into their dining
      room, but nobody did the natural motions of moving the chairs over, telling
      the servant or somebody "Quick, set another place for Uncle Scrooge" - would
      have made it more lifelike, I thought.

      Mary and Nicky the Moosemutt