Frodo Baggins, this is your road

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 11:22 AM
      Anyone who's used Mapquest to ask for travel directions should appreciate
      this parody:

      http://www.ooblick.com/text/tomordor/

      - David Bratman
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 1:30 PM
        "David S. Bratman" wrote:

        > Anyone who's used Mapquest to ask for travel directions should appreciate
        > this parody:
        >
        > http://www.ooblick.com/text/tomordor/

        Very nice. (Does he have others?) Also enjoyed the following:

        > Joan and Ernest, this Zizek quote is for you:
        >
        > "People who say 'Don't tell me the end' have it all wrong. I read the
        > first ten pages and then I read the ending, and that is the test: do I
        > still want to read it?"

        Joan
        Joan Marie Verba
        verba001@...
      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1 1:43 PM
          Well, it doesn't copy down perfecting but I downloaded it onto my PDA.
          It's much more fun than my usual (boring) Mapquest directions I usually
          download into the device.

          Mythically yours,
          Lisa

          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 1:49 PM
            Linguist - We need a Linguist! I just realized looking at the printout -
            Does that say Mapquest in the corner of the maps?!? :-D

            Mythically yours,
            Lisa

          • Stolzi@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1 2:24 PM
              This seems to be the direct, freeway route, not the more scenic route as
              taken by the Fellowship :)

              Diamond Proudbrook
            • Carl F. Hostetter
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1 3:10 PM
                On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 04:49 PM, Lisa Deutsch Harrigan wrote:

                > Linguist - We need a Linguist! I just realized looking at the printout
                > -
                > Does that say Mapquest in the corner of the maps?!? :-D

                Yes, it does.

                | |
                | Ars longa, vita brevis. |