A Christmas Carol

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 1999
      Well, with one of the punters backing the Muppets and another Mr. Magoo, I
      can see that textual fidelity has been lost in the shuffle :) But, of
      course, a story that has become mythic (in the Lewisian sense) can tolerate
      various versions.

      I agree with people on the Pemberley.com Virtual Views board who thought the
      Ghost of Christmas Future was a disappointment in the Stewart version - it
      looks like a very large Jawa. The luminous eyes are not in Dickens - in his
      text, the =hand= is the only visible part of this spectre. Christmases Past
      and Present, though, were just right, as were most of the SFX.

      Does anybody know which was the role "Mr Foster," played by Edward
      Petherbridge? I can't imagine who that would be. Seems to have been a
      character in some of the early scenes.

      Mary S
    • Ted Sherman
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 1999
        Yes, I noted that it's back on this Thursday eving (12/11) at 9.30 CST,
        and will be on again over the weekend.

        Ted

        Diane Baker wrote:

        > From: Diane Baker <dianejoy@...>
        >
        > When was the recent Stewart version of A Christmas Carol on and what
        > network (Fox, if I heard on the radio correctly)?
        >
        > The show was on TNT, permiering Dec. 5. I think they do re-broadcast
        > their original series; they showed it three times on the night of its
        > premiere. Check local listings.

        Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
        Mythlore: The Journal of the Mythopoeic Society
        Department of English, Box X041
        College of Liberal Arts
        Middle Tennessee State University
        Murfreesboro, TN 37130