Patrick Stewart CHRISTMAS CAROL

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
      Ted wrote:

      >Yes, I saw the '84 SP with Andrews and Jane Seymour as Lady Pimpernel.

      I saw that, too. It was great!

      >When was the recent Stewart version of A Christmas Carol on and what
      >network (Fox, if I heard on the radio correctly)? Anybody know if it'll
      >be replayed?

      It was on TNT.

      >And Joan, where'd you get the audiotape of Stewart's
      >one-man Christmas Carol? Is it still available?

      The ISBN is 0-671-76932-4. From Simon and Schuster audioworks.
      Barnes and Noble used to carry it, and may still have it.

      Joan

      * Joan Marie Verba verba001@... *
      * Mythopoeic Press Secretary *
      * List Administrator for Doctor's Exchange list, Mythopoeic Society list* *
      * MNSCBWI list, MNSCREENW list *
      * http://www.sff.net/people/Joan.Marie.Verba *
      * http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/FTL_Publications *
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
        Stolzi@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 12/6/99 8:23:36 AM Central Standard Time,
        > verba001@... writes:
        >
        > > George C. Scott as Scrooge.
        >
        > I agree - that was a good one too. But Stewart's was so close to the
        > original -- more so, if I recollect, than the Scott.
        >
        > Mary S

        My favorite version is "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol."

        Berni ("I'd like some razzleberry dressing.")
      • Eleanor Farrell
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
          Well, I have to say my favorite is _The Muppets Christmas Carol_. .......
          gotta love that Marley duo and the ghost of Christmas Future was pretty
          scary. Michael Caine was sure having a lot of fun, too.

          Ellie

          Eleanor M. Farrell
          Editor, Mythprint
          P.O. Box 320486
          San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
          E-mail: emfarrell@...

          Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter