Re: [mythsoc] Finding your discussion group online

  • Ernest S. Tomlinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2003
      On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:43:08 EDT, WendellWag@... said:

      > Does anyone else have similar stories?

      I found the "Mithlond" Seattle group online. (Although things have been
      rather silent of late...and I've only been to one meeting, on account of
      life getting in the way.)

      Ernest.
      --
      Ernest S. Tomlinson / thiophene@...
      "If you can talk brilliantly about a problem, it can create the consoling
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2003
        WendellWag@... [WendellWag@...] wrote:
        > I hope those of you who aren't in a local Mythopoeic Society discussion group
        > will excuse me for bringing up this matter that might not interest you. For
        > those of you who do belong to such a group, has anyone found out about your
        > local group by discovering the group online? We have had several such cases
        > already at Knossos (the Washington, D.C. area group). Several people have
        > found out about the group by finding the Mythopoeic Society website. One
        > found us by Googling on "book discussion group," "Alexandria," and
        > "Virginia." Does anyone else have similar stories?

        As the Society's Discussion Group Secretary, I'd be very interested in any
        usually from folks that can't find a group in their area. As the email contact
        for the Seattle group, I get an inquiry about once a month. The Seattle group
        went into hibernation for a couple years when the core members either moved or
        lost interest and we didn't have critical mass. We restarted the group a year
        ago after I had rec'd a half-dozen or so inquiries, all due to the Web site.

        "It's a poor story that becomes less interesting the more attention one
        gives to it, and a poor reader who insists that reading a good story with
        attention is less fulfilling than reading it superficially."
        --Kevin Maroney
        Currently reading: The Worm Ouroboros by E.R. Eddison