Patrick Stewart CHRISTMAS CAROL

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
      Ted wrote:

      >Yes, I saw the '84 SP with Andrews and Jane Seymour as Lady Pimpernel.

      I saw that, too. It was great!

      >When was the recent Stewart version of A Christmas Carol on and what
      >network (Fox, if I heard on the radio correctly)? Anybody know if it'll
      >be replayed?

      It was on TNT.

      >And Joan, where'd you get the audiotape of Stewart's
      >one-man Christmas Carol? Is it still available?

      The ISBN is 0-671-76932-4. From Simon and Schuster audioworks.
      Barnes and Noble used to carry it, and may still have it.

      Joan

      * Joan Marie Verba verba001@... *
      * Mythopoeic Press Secretary *
      * List Administrator for Doctor's Exchange list, Mythopoeic Society list* *
      * MNSCBWI list, MNSCREENW list *
      * http://www.sff.net/people/Joan.Marie.Verba *
      * http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/FTL_Publications *
    • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
        In a message dated 12/6/99 8:23:36 AM Central Standard Time,
        verba001@... writes:

        > George C. Scott as Scrooge.

        I agree - that was a good one too. But Stewart's was so close to the
        original -- more so, if I recollect, than the Scott.

        Mary S
      • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
          In a message dated 12/6/99 6:12:11 AM Central Standard Time,
          WendellWag@... writes:

          > According to the Internet Movie Database (which answers all possible movie
          > and TV questions), Bob Cratchit is Richard E. Grant, the First Spirit is
          > Joel
          > Grey, the Second Spirit is Desmond Barrit, and the Third Spirit is Tim
          > Potter. Edward Petherbridge played Foster.

          O Lawered, Wendell, I'm embarrased I forgot to go to IMDB. Thanks for the
          info! Yes, I saw Grant as the Pimpernel - what a difference. I recognized
          Joel Grey. Don't know Desmond Barrit, but thought he was excellent.

          I can't place "Foster." Must have been a minor part. Petherbridge, as some
          will recall, played Lord Peter Wimsey in an excellent series of
          dramatizations -- looked like him, too.

          Mary S
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
            Stolzi@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 12/6/99 8:23:36 AM Central Standard Time,
            > verba001@... writes:
            >
            > > George C. Scott as Scrooge.
            >
            > I agree - that was a good one too. But Stewart's was so close to the
            > original -- more so, if I recollect, than the Scott.
            >
            > Mary S

            My favorite version is "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol."

            Berni ("I'd like some razzleberry dressing.")
          • Eleanor Farrell
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 1999
              Well, I have to say my favorite is _The Muppets Christmas Carol_. .......
              gotta love that Marley duo and the ghost of Christmas Future was pretty
              scary. Michael Caine was sure having a lot of fun, too.

              Ellie

              Eleanor M. Farrell
              Editor, Mythprint
              P.O. Box 320486
              San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
              E-mail: emfarrell@...

              Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter