Fwd: that bilious thread

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      Mary Stolzenbach asked me to forward this to the mailing list because she
      currently isn't able to:

      *******************

      Sorry, Wendell, I guess my ignorance was showing. The man did something
      mathematical with his computer. Whatever it was.

      The point is that we all have four grandparents, eight g-gparents, and so on,
      in an ever-widening net. Given that many people in history died w/o having
      =any= children, the resulting pool of ancestors for every one of us covers
      just abt all the European population by a certain point in past history.

      The article's online at <A HREF="http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2002/05/olson.htm">The Atlantic | May 2002 | The Royal We | Olson</A>

      This quote probably means something to you, but not to me!

      "His model is a mathematical proof that relies on such abstractions as
      Poisson distributions and Markov chains "

      I am answering privately bec the most recent Mythsoc messages have not been
      delivered to my mailbox for me to do an ordinary reply - I only saw yours by
      going to yahoogroups website.

      Perhaps you would be kind enough to forward this to the actual List.

      Mary S

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
        In a message dated 4/1/2003 10:34:20 AM Central Standard Time,
        WendellWag@... writes:

        > Mary Stolzenbach asked me to forward this to the mailing list because she
        > currently isn't able to:

        Thanks Wendell!

        Forgive me for posting this reply as a test - to see if it comes back to me.

        Diamond Proudbrook