Re: [mythsoc] Nobility, was bilious

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2003
      In a message dated 3/28/2003 9:38:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, Stolzi@...
      writes:

      > . . . I might add that a recent article is out there in
      > which a man got curious and used computer number theory on genealogical
      > research . . .

      This is a nitpicky point, but whatever mathematical methods this man used and
      whatever computer resources he used, he did not use "computer number theory."
      I've tried to think of any possible way to apply number theory to this
      subject and I can't come up with any. There is no subject called "computer
      number theory," as far as I know. I presume you mean just that this man
      found a mathematical technique to analyze genealogical data and used
      computers to aid his research.