Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1199

  • Gina Vick
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2003

      David wrote:

      > And it is this sense which is meant when it is said that America is a
      > classless society. America is in this sense so entirely classless, in
      > fact, that it's hard for many Americans to imagine what such a class system
      > would be like; and those who claim that America isn't classless are
      > mistaking the privileges of wealth and fame, or those of "old-boy"
      > networks, for those of class....<snip>

      Thanks, gentlemen. These were most informative to me and helped extend my own thinking on the
      matter. I have to read Delaney now.

      Gina
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2003
        At 03:34 PM 3/28/2003 , Gina wrote:

        >Thanks, gentlemen. These were most informative to me and helped extend my
        >own thinking on the matter. I have to read Delaney now.

        You're welcome. One thing will help in finding his books: it's not spelled
        Delaney, but Delany. Samuel R. Delany. (Yes, he's a relative -
        grand-nephew or something like that - of the Delany sisters.)

        - David Bratman