Re: Re: RE: [mythsoc] bilious

  • alexeik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 28, 2003
      In a message dated 3/27/3 8:00:37 PM, Ernest wrote:

      <<What treaty bars the Spanish

      Bourbons from seeing the throne of France?>>

      The Treaty of Utrecht (April 11, 1713), which capped the dozen or so years of
      the War of the Spanish Succession, and placed Philip V (grandson of Louis XIV
      of France) on the throne of Spain on the condition that he and his
      descendants would renounce all claims to the French throne.
      Alexei
    • William
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 29, 2003
        >Would you really "cheer in real life if the peasants revolted and killed
        >all the aristocrats"?

        I know I wouldn't. Especially since in the eyes of the majority of the
        world, the average American or European IS an aristocrat. We have the
        education, riches and privileges (and assumption of superiority) that rivals
        any aristo in history. If aristos are the enemy, then the enemy is us.

        Bright Blessings,

        William