RE: [mythsoc] bilious

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 27 1:00 PM
      Charming as the period can seem, I'm glad I wasn't
      alive back then. >>

      Heck Janet even now... take a few years off to raise your children, if you
      have that single-track mentality (as I do) and find out how quickly a
      person can become obsolete in the job market.

      I guess I can see why we love the quasi-medieval settings of fantasy
      literature. lol

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • William
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 29 10:33 AM
        >Would you really "cheer in real life if the peasants revolted and killed
        >all the aristocrats"?

        I know I wouldn't. Especially since in the eyes of the majority of the
        world, the average American or European IS an aristocrat. We have the
        education, riches and privileges (and assumption of superiority) that rivals
        any aristo in history. If aristos are the enemy, then the enemy is us.

        Bright Blessings,

        William