Dinsmore, Christmas stories

  • Robert and Jane Bigelow
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 1999
      Mythies,

      I guess we really were behind the times in the 50's in KC, MO--I remember a
      friend of mine getting stuck with Elsie Dinsmore books. Being in public
      school, I escaped--even at about 10 I could tell they were dreadful.
      Diabetics should be warned not to open them; the sugar load could be
      dangerous.

      Speaking of Connie Willis, she has a book of Christmas stories out, called
      _Miracle and Other Christmas Stories_. I love it, not only for itself but
      also because it helps me overcome my Grinchly tendencies.

      Jane
    • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 1999
        In a message dated 12/05/1999 1:01:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        bigelow@... writes:

        << Speaking of Connie Willis, >>
        NOW I know why the name was familiar... "To Say Nothing of the Dog"! You
        mean, there's more!? Where do I start? LOL

        Lizzie
      • Diane Baker
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 1999
          ERATRIANO@... wrote:

          > From: ERATRIANO@...
          >
          > In a message dated 12/05/1999 1:01:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          > bigelow@... writes:
          >
          > << Speaking of Connie Willis, >>
          > NOW I know why the name was familiar... "To Say Nothing of the Dog"! You
          > mean, there's more!? Where do I start? LOL
          >
          > Lizzie

          Ohh, yes! *Doomsday Book,* *Lincoln's Dreams,* *Impossible Things* (an
          anthology of short stories), and the afore-mentioned *Miracles* (which I
          covet, and may have to break down and buy for myself).

          (Dear God, I hope I didn't sound condescending in my last missive; I
          meant nothing of the kind!)