Christmas Fantasy

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 1999
      Anybody want to get in the spirit of the season? What about Christmas
      fantasies?

      I was just reading PICKWICK PAPERS for other reasons, and found a chap
      telling a long story about "Gabriel Grub the sexton." This was interesting
      for two reasons. It brought back the old tradition which Dickens was
      carrying on in his "CHRISTMAS CAROL," of telling ghost stories at this time
      of year when people sat in their dark, chilly houses around the fire.

      And I noticed that Gabriel is haunted by spirits which show all sorts of past
      events to him and as a result convince him to abandon his misanthropy. It's
      like a trial run for CHRISTMAS CAROL -- probably critics have noticed this.

      Mary S