Re: Branagh cast and miscast (was Re: [mythsoc] The Two Towers)

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      In a message dated 3/3/2003 5:46:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      lizziewriter@... writes:

      > anyway who is the Snape guy?

      The absolutely WONDERFUL comic actor Alan Rickman, who also did brilliant
      work in GalaxyQuest and in Dogma. He's one of the best things about all
      three films (and, IMHO, one of the *only* good things about the HP movies).

      Susan

    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        But _perfect_ as a vain, boastful, and utterly incompetent wizard in _Harry
        Potter and the Chamber of Secrets_, of course :] I loved his small role;
        they couldn't have gotten anyone better, anyone that better conveyed that
        aura of youthful pride and glamour faded by age and easy living. >>

        The boys saw that one w/o me. Now I will have to watch for this bit of
        perfect casting when I see is, as I know we'll get the tape eventually.
        (The bits I saw of Two Towers do make me want to see it just for the
        casting bits ditto. I like Theoden's look.) Meanwhile, I do like that guy
        they got to play Snape in the first movie, anyway. Brrrr he gives me the
        curiouses, although he's not as hot as that flying ant in ANTZ. I'm sure
        the actor is nothing like the character he is playing, and I didn't like
        his version of Snape initially (not slimy, just as Hermione is not frizzy,
        but the Brits with their soft water know little of real frizzies w/o help
        from destructive hair products, which Hermione is too young and granola to
        use)... anyway who is the Snape guy?

        Lizzie Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia