SPCK books

  • jchristopher@tarleton.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      I was going down the titles of the book handled by SPCK on its
      website--looking for something else--and I came across these titles which
      might be of interest:

      Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings: A Guide to Middle-earth
      Colin Duriez
      L5.99

      Phantastes: A Faerie Romance
      George MacDonald
      L8.99
      [Uses the Arthur Hughes illustrations.]

      The Inklings Handbook
      Colin Duriez and David Porter
      L20.00
      [This is the book from Chalice Press in 2001--I judge from the same authors
      and the same cover illustration--but it has a different ISBN.]

      The C. S. Lewis Encyclopedia: A Comprehensive Guide to his Life, Thought,
      and Writings
      Colin Duriez
      L14.99
      [I assume this is an enlarged version of Duriez' _The C. S. Lewis Handbook:
      A Comprensive Guide to His Life, Thought, and Writings_, Baker Book House,
      1990.]

      The Essential Sermons
      Austin Farrer
      ed. Leslie Houlden
      L12.99
      [52 sermons by one of Lewis's friends.]

      Spiritual Writings
      Dorothy L. Sayers
      ed. Ann Loades
      L12.99
      ["key selections," it says; my copy is at home, and I wasn't horribly
      impressed, I remember--probably this book is intended for those who don't
      have most of Sayers' essays already; published in 1993.]

      --Joe