Re: Mythopoeic Artists' Guild?

  • Yvan <tinidril@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 1 9:16 PM
      Welcome Jef!

      > From what I've seen of the list so far, most
      > members are avid readers of mythopoeic literature
      > (ML). But I assume there are also writers of new ML
      > materials on the list(?). And my question is whether
      > there are also any (or many) _artists_ on the list who
      > regularly produce images to complement new or existing
      > ML pieces? Likewise, would there be any interest among
      > such artists in creating a discussion group focussing
      > on Mythopoeic Art (MA)?

      I am an artist (though not a professional, I earn my living teaching
      preschoolers: which doesn't pay much more than a "starving artist"
      wages, but at least I have full benefits) who has renewed an interest
      in creating works based on my favorite mythopoeic authors. So far, I
      have done only a few movie-based images, but I have all this "stuff"
      rattling about in my brain which will eventually find it's way to
      canvas, paper and clay. I think a group which focusses on Mythopoeic
      Art would be interesting...

      God bless! Tinidril
      http://www.tinidril.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 2 11:24 PM
        Those of you interested in seeing what great art members of the Mythopoeic
        Society have created over the past 30 or so years should order all of the
        back issues of _Mythlore_. A reasonable decision was made a couple years ago
        when _Mythlore_ changed formats to eliminate the art, but unfortunately that
        means that the only published outlet for this art is now the front cover of
        _Mythprint_ (and perhaps _Mythic Circle_).

        Wendell Wagner
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 3 6:02 AM
          Allow me to point out that the Mythopoeic Conference held this summer will
          include an Art Show.

          We would love to have exhibitors come, register, and take part. Details
          about this summer's Conference available at the URL in the sig below; rates
          are modest at $10 hanging fee, plus 10% commission to be collected on pieces
          which you may offer for bid and sell at auction. Also the artist, or his/her
          representative must be registered for the conference; no pieces will be
          accepted by mail.

          To reserve space in the art show, please contact Ruby Dunlap at <A HREF="mailto:dunlapr@...">
          dunlapr@...</A>.

          Mary M. Stolzenbach, co-Chair Mythcon XXXIV
          <A HREF="http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon34.html">Mythcon 34</A>
          1603 Rosewood Drive
          Brentwood, TN 37027
          (615) 370-1764 (615) 218-3680