Re: [mythsoc] Rowling - an Inkling?? / kinda Xn idiom

  • Ernest Tomlinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
      From: "Elizabeth Apgar Triano" <lizziewriter@...>
      To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 12:02 PM
      Subject: RE: [mythsoc] Rowling - an Inkling?? / kinda Xn idiom

      > I bet as many Jews say "JEEZ" as Goyim say "oy veh" or worse. And what
      > about Jiminy Cricket? Or Judas Priest on a Pony?

      I don't think either of them say "oy veh" very often.

      Ernest.
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2003
        I don't think either of them say "oy veh" very often. >>

        oy veh... sure I hear that, although not as often as "schmuck". I think
        there is a lot of Yiddish in New York speak, to the point of we don't even
        realize it. Just like there is pseudoItalian (whassamattayou? capiche?)

        Lizzie Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia