RE: [mythsoc] Rowling - an Inkling?? / kinda Xn idiom

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
      I would further argue that ALL western literature is informed by
      Christianity,
      because all of western society is informed by Christianity. Even strong
      atheists
      have been known to say "go to hell." >>

      I bet as many Jews say "JEEZ" as Goyim say "oy veh" or worse. And what
      about Jiminy Cricket? Or Judas Priest on a Pony?

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Ernest Tomlinson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2003
          I don't think either of them say "oy veh" very often. >>

          oy veh... sure I hear that, although not as often as "schmuck". I think
          there is a lot of Yiddish in New York speak, to the point of we don't even
          realize it. Just like there is pseudoItalian (whassamattayou? capiche?)

          Lizzie Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia