Re: [mythsoc] re: not finishing

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 28 1:50 PM
      In a message dated 2/28/2003 2:00:42 PM Central Standard Time,
      thiophene@... writes:

      > nestle in
      > an overstuffed armchair in the Classics and Humanities library.

      In my college days, we had a nice reading room like that in the Women's
      College library. I could sit in one of those armchairs and read Tolkien
      (whose RING I discovered in those same stacks one happy day) or whoever all
      evening; but if I had taken a "required reading" book off the reserve shelf
      and sat down to read the assignment... it was always instant slumber. :)

      Diamond Proudbrook

    • Ernest Tomlinson
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 28 4:03 PM
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 28 6:26 PM
          From: "Jason M. Abels" <jason@...>

          > >> None of our eight cats eats paper -- which is fortunate given that
          we've
          > >> got some three thousand or so books here! Now house plants are another
          > >> matter...
          >
          > 3000?! Oh, the Envy. I've gone from about 20 to 587 in 5 years. It's going
          far
          > too slowly!

          You're jealous of the books, I'm jealous of the cats. We have more books
          than that but then, we're old.

          Berni
        • Bill
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 2, 2003
            I work in a bookstore....
            There's never enough time to read all the books I have
            here,
            but I keep plugging along.

          • Ernest Tomlinson
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 3, 2003