Re: Where can I find Tolkien's Elvish language? (fwd)

  • WendellWag@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 1999
      There are some books about Elvish, but they're all out of print, hard to
      find, or not very reliable. The best thing to do is to E-mail Carl Hostetter
      (they have his address since they found the ELF site) and ask him their
      questions. He should be able to give them a set of rules for pronouncing
      Elvish words. Carl knows more about Elvish than anyone else, including
      Christopher Tolkien.

      Wendell Wagner
    • David Lenander
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 1999
        I'd just add that there are back issues available of _Parma Eldalamberon_; there
        is also a book available from Nancy Martsch, isn't there? And there are several
        other publications for which back issues may be available, including _Vinyar
        Tengwar_, and perhaps that one from Lisa Star, and a British publication as
        well. But all of this should be on Carl's web-page, so I thought the whole
        question being directed to Edith was rather bizarre. And I would hope they've
        read all of the appendices to LotR, the twelve volumes of "The History of
        Middle-earth," and the Swann/Tolkien _Road Goes Ever On_.