Where can I find Tolkien's Elvish language? (fwd)

  • Edith Louise Crowe
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 1999
      I don't think anything quite like this exists, but if any of you more
      linguistically literate types have suggestions I will pass them on.
      Edith
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 1999
        There are some books about Elvish, but they're all out of print, hard to
        find, or not very reliable. The best thing to do is to E-mail Carl Hostetter
        (they have his address since they found the ELF site) and ask him their
        questions. He should be able to give them a set of rules for pronouncing
        Elvish words. Carl knows more about Elvish than anyone else, including
        Christopher Tolkien.

        Wendell Wagner
      • David Lenander
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 1999
          I'd just add that there are back issues available of _Parma Eldalamberon_; there
          is also a book available from Nancy Martsch, isn't there? And there are several
          other publications for which back issues may be available, including _Vinyar
          Tengwar_, and perhaps that one from Lisa Star, and a British publication as
          well. But all of this should be on Carl's web-page, so I thought the whole
          question being directed to Edith was rather bizarre. And I would hope they've
          read all of the appendices to LotR, the twelve volumes of "The History of
          Middle-earth," and the Swann/Tolkien _Road Goes Ever On_.