Lizzie & Ernest

  • Gina Vick
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2003
      mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Uh oh ! I think I finally have all three Fionavar books and was looking
      > forward to reading them. Well... I am intrigued anyway. THanks for the
      > heads-up.
      >
      > Lizzie Triano

      OH! Lizzie I am sorry....I hope you do read them and form your own judgement.

      > There was a bit of fornication in _Tigana_, not too much, thankfully,
      > because Kay has a knack for making his sex scenes both titillating and
      > laughable at the same time. He subscribes to same view of sex as does
      > Hollywood--you know it's good when the two partners throw each other around
      > the room and rip all their clothes to pieces. And is it only my perception
      > that all of the women in _Tigana_ think more with their loins than with
      > their brains? Especially Dianora.

      There's the problem. Most -- well many -- women (I don't want to speak for all womankind) are more discriminate than the Hollywood cliche, DON'T think with their loins first, and actually have a range of emotional responses to sex. Which Kay doesn't convince me he understands. I think what we're seeing is the way he'd like women to be.

      For clarification the sex scenes in Fionavar aren't graphic, but are frequent. So I probably overstated the Harlequin properties. They don't titillate me though.

      Gina
    • Ernest Tomlinson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2003