Re: [mythsoc] Participation in Long Island Con

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2003
      Joshua -

      If you've been hanging around this list and like fantasy, you're as
      qualified as anyone. Just be sure you can pronounce the name right <g>.

      But yes, I am being serious. The Mythopoeic Society is a group of people
      who gather round and discuss fantasy - we can do it in a zine (Mythprint
      or Mythlore), we can do it at a meeting (see branch listing at
      Mythsoc.org), we can do it in an APA (we have two, see Mythsoc.org), we
      can do it on an e-list, or we can do it at a con (panels on Tolkien and
      other fantasy writers are a wonderful way to meet more of us). Mythcon
      is just a better way to have more fantasy panels and the scholarly works
      that we like than show up at a regular convention, but Fantasy panels do
      not need to be limited to Mythcon. The important thing is they are all
      useful ways to talk about Fantasy.

      So pick a favorite fantasy topic and get involved. I'm sure you'll do
      just fine. If you can't figure out a topic, talk to David Bratman, he's
      usually got a lot of good ones. We can even send you flyers to put out
      at the con :-) .

      And we hope there isn't too much snow.

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa Deutsch Harrigan