Gareth Knight

  • jchristopher@tarleton.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2003
      Has anyone been reading Gareth Knight's series of books, based on his
      earlier single volume, _The Magical World of the Inklings_? The individual
      volumes are _The Magical World of Charles Williams_, _The Magical World of
      C. S. Lewis_, _The Magical World of J. R. R. Tolkien_, and _The Magical
      World of Owen Barfield_. I have only the Williams volume (copyright 2002),
      and I've only look at it enough to know that there are some revisions.
      Should these volumes be nominated for the Inklings studies award?

      --Joe
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2003
        I've seen the Tolkien one. It is revised. I suppose they're technically
        eligible for the MSA. But _should_ they be nominated? My opinion: please,
        no! spare us!

        David Bratman