Re: Re: [mythsoc] Mere napkin-jottings (was Re: TREASON OF ISENGARD)

  • Ernest Tomlinson
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 20, 2003
      From: <darancgrissom@...>
      To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 11:21 PM
      Subject: Re: Re: [mythsoc] Mere napkin-jottings (was Re: TREASON OF
      ISENGARD)

      > WHen I bought a new stereo, I got one that played records as well as CD's
      and tapes

      It's not terribly uncommon these days to find turntables and even
      vacuum-tube amplifiers and tuners at high-end audio shops; some believe that
      vinyl sounds better. Also, there is the regrettable practice in some
      contemporary music of mixing in the sound of a needle being scratched in
      various ways over the surface of a record, a practice that makes me quiver
      with revulsion and cringe at the thought of a good record and expensive
      diamond needle going to waste.

      > I still get people who look at it funny when they come over. Ofcourse I
      also just recently got a CD Doctor for Christmas. It repairs any scratches
      in DVD's, CD's, or CD ROM's. It also seems to protect them to some degree.
      IT only costs about $50.00 total, I think it's a good deal.

      I need to look into that. My friend and housemate-to-be has a multiple-disc
      set with one damaged disc--always annoying, because you can't just go out
      and replace the one disc. (I had to do this once when I borrowed a David
      Bowie four-disc set, scratched one disc, and ended up searching high and low
      for a replacement set.)

      Ernest.