Re: [mythsoc] Deadline for current price?

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2003
      I know she has been having problems getting a checking account set up.
      It is partially my fault. She's decided, after a lot of hassle trying to
      set it up with the Tolkien Society information (since they are a British
      Corp) to use the MythSoc ID# and my paperwork for that got buried in a
      home office reshuffling. Digging it out in the next week, I hope.

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2003
        In a message dated 2/13/2003 1:01:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        lisa@... writes:

        > I know she has been having problems getting a checking account set up.
        > It is partially my fault. She's decided, after a lot of hassle trying to
        > set it up with the Tolkien Society information (since they are a British
        > Corp) to use the MythSoc ID# and my paperwork for that got buried in a
        > home office reshuffling. Digging it out in the next week, I hope.

        I understand what you're saying, but I don't consider that a sufficient
        excuse for not notifying the people who have sent her checks that there's
        going to be some delay in depositing their check. All it would take is one
        letter to anyone who sent her a check saying that their check has been
        received, but there will be a delay. I got no reply to about six letters
        sent to Lynn and the British people in charge of Tolkien 2005. If not for
        seeing Lynn at Mythcon last year, I would have had to assume that the
        conference had been cancelled and that all the letters sent to them were
        being thrown away. I suspect that Tolkien 2005 has lost some potential
        members who sent a check and also got no reply, but who didn't happen to see
        Lynn at Mythcon like I did.

      • Michael Martinez <michael@xenite.org>
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 16, 2003
          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, jchristopher@t... wrote:
          > I have been told by a friend that the current price for membership
          > in The Tolkien Society's "TOLKIEN 2005: The Ring Goes Ever On"
          > conference will rise from $53 to some higher price at the end of
          > this month. We voted to combine Mythcon with their conference on
          > the 50th anniversary of _The Lord of the Rings_, so I think anyone
          > who is planning to go in 2005--if I'm informed correctly about the
          > price rise--might want to get his or her money in. (I'm not
          > certain if Lynn Maudlin, who is our laison person with The Tolkien
          > Society, subscribes to this list.)

          What happened to 1954 in the Tolkien calendar of publication events?
          Apparently the fiftieth anniversary is being marked from publication
          of the final volume?

          Why not a year-long celebration from 2004 to 2005?