To =Mordor

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2003
      > THIS is TRUE for 2 February 2003 Copyright 2003 www.thisistrue.com
      > WHERE TO? Travel agencies are reporting that they're getting a
      > significant number of requests from travelers who want to sightsee in
      > "Middle Earth" locations such as Mordor and Rivendell. Those are
      > fictional locations in the "Lord of the Rings" movies. In the films,
      > Mordor is occupied by forces of darkness; Rivendell is where elves
      > live. The scenes for those locations were shot in national parks in New
      > Zealand. (New Zealand Press Association) ...Which information then
      > leads to the inevitable reply, "New Zealand? Never heard of it."

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2003
        Paul Harvey reported that Mordor was in the "middle of the
        earth" when
        he mentioned this on his daily show a few weeks back.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2003
          I'm really dubious about believing anything on that website. It looks to me
          like someone who has copied down everything he's read in every news source he
          could find, regardless of the reliability of the source. I suspect a certain
          amount of the stories there are urban legends.