Re: [mythsoc] thoughtful review

  • Ernest Tomlinson
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 31, 2003
      From: "Berni Phillips" <bernip@...>
      To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 6:03 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] thoughtful review

      [_Wyrd Sisters_]
      > When I was pretty sick, I thought it was
      > pretty funny. As I got better, I found it less and less funny.

      <laughing aloud> _That's_ funny! It reminds me much of the winter of 1993;
      I was living at Caltech then, and just as winter break started I contracted
      a very bad grippe. While I was convalescing, I discovered the game _Myst_
      and thought it fascinating for the first couple of days. I played it all
      the way through until I was done, and by the end I was kind of wondering
      what the big deal was. (I'll tell you the big deal--it was one of the first
      respectable games to come out on CD-ROM for the new "AV" Macintoshes that
      _actually had CD-ROM drives built in_! Wow! Multimedia! I was almost as
      excited as when I got a floppy drive for my Commodore 64!)

      Cheers,

      Ernest.
    • Ernest Tomlinson
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 31, 2003