review link from past month

  • odzer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      In a message dated 1/5/03 9:18:51 AM, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com writes:

      >http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/363/focus/The_ring_and_the_cross+.shtml

      Yes, well, the Boston Globe thinks I should pay them $2.95 for the privilage
      of reading this article.
      I know there are people on this list who feel strongly about copyright
      protection generally and such, but I thought this was ... a sad example of
      the diminishing access to content on the net.
      Of course if I had looked at that link sooner...

      Now, a few days ago, I posted an entire article/review from the Boston Globe
      here to the list.
      I suppose after 30 days, it's presence in the archives here will be
      technically in violation of the Globe's copyright?

      The proposed Total Information Awareness legislation would make all of our
      personal information fair game for the government to access, in the name of
      ntional security, while information owned by corporations is tightly
      protected. Why is it so important?
      Saruman could no doubt explain all this quite eloquently.
      I don't want to wander further off theme here than I already perhaps have
      done, so I will not comment further on this point, but will listen if anyone
      else has thoughts to add.

      Thanks,

      John Potts