Re: [mythsoc] Ellison and mea culpa

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      I'll take that as a compliment; I'd rather be dour, humorless, earnest, and
      doctrinaire than flippant. What was it that Screwtape said, that the
      easiest way to excuse yourself for some injury you've just done is to
      accuse the injured party of having no sense of humor? >>

      Screwtape may have been right for his zeitgeist. But the demon of today
      might well observe that the easy way out is to first accuse oneself... who
      can criticize one when one has just done so and be sure to do it
      over-zealously so they will then turn around and defend you from yourself
      on the very same point they were just steamed about...

      Lizzie Triano, usually the very flippant Lizzie the Flirt but sometimes
      annoyed too
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia