Re: [mythsoc] Column/review on Pullman vs. Narnia

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2003
      Interesting piece. I like his point about how currently, "most books for
      grown-ups are about nothing very much at all," and I'm also glad he says that
      adults should read both Tolkien and Pullman. The anti-secular parts at the
      beginning smack a little of paranoid conspiracy theory, though, and I was
      decidedly put off by his disapproving description of Pullman's diverse good
      guys.

      Susan