Column/review on Pullman vs. Narnia

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2003
      <A HREF="http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php3?table=old%c2%a7ion=back&issue=2003-01-18&id=2693">Click here: The Spectator.co.uk</A>

    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2003
        Interesting piece. I like his point about how currently, "most books for
        grown-ups are about nothing very much at all," and I'm also glad he says that
        adults should read both Tolkien and Pullman. The anti-secular parts at the
        beginning smack a little of paranoid conspiracy theory, though, and I was
        decidedly put off by his disapproving description of Pullman's diverse good
        guys.

        Susan