Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien's grandson writes a mystery

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2003
      I've read one review of this book, an absolute killer of a dismissal.
      Whatever talent grandfather Tolkien had, the reviewer said, he sure didn't
      pass it on to his grandson in this tedious book that reads entirely as if
      it were written by a lawyer (which Simon Tolkien is), not a novelist. Thus
      the reviewer.

      - David Bratman