Tolkien's grandson writes a mystery

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2003
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2003
        I've read one review of this book, an absolute killer of a dismissal.
        Whatever talent grandfather Tolkien had, the reviewer said, he sure didn't
        pass it on to his grandson in this tedious book that reads entirely as if
        it were written by a lawyer (which Simon Tolkien is), not a novelist. Thus
        the reviewer.

        - David Bratman