Delany WAS RE: [mythsoc] Clarke (was 2001)

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2003
      The title that Lizzie is thinking of is "The Ballad of Beta-2" by Samuel
      R. Delany; Delany definitely had some
      Ace Doubles, but this might not have been among them. >>

      Thanks, David. Yes, Samuel R. Delany. I read a lot of his stuff at one
      point. _Dhalgren_ was strange, to the point of I really didn't "get" some
      bits (and maybe didn't want to) but haunting. And "Ballad" was haunting
      too, not just for its jingle but the story itself. How many of us would
      side with that space captain gal's dream, to be able to go a-spacefaring
      w/o the ship or suit?

      I think this was doubled with "Empire Star". At least, I can't think of
      one w/o the other. But, that could be a snafu in the synapses on my part.

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia