Re: The Wild Swans

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
      I've described the book as something of a combination of Jane Yolen's _Briar
      Rose_ with Pat Wrede's _Snow White and Red Rose_, without roses; trying to
      describe the form--I might also have mentioned Faulkner's _The Wild Palms_, or
      perhaps Garner's _Red Shift_, but that probably implies a more ambitious form
      than it actually contains.

      If you'd like to check out some actual reviews, there are some links from the
      Peg Kerr web-page that I maintain at
      web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/PegKerrBibliog.html

      and some of these have been fantastic raves.

      Responding to the message of <55905.verba001@...>
      from mythsoc@onelist.com:

      > From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
      >
      > Because I'm a SFWA member, I sometimes get books through the mail. Today, I
      > opened a package and found Peg Kerr's THE WILD SWANS (very definitely a
      > mythopoeic story). This was great, since I haven't yet bought the book, and
      > because it's a future Rivendell discussion topic.

      David Lenander, Library Manager I
      Bio-Medical Library Access Services work: (612)626-3375
      Circulation, Core Collections & Reserve Desks home: (651)292-8887
      Diehl Hall/505 Essex SE fax: (612)626-2454
      University of Minnesota
      Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455

      e-mail: d-lena@...
      web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/OnceUponATime.html