The Wild Swans

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
      Because I'm a SFWA member, I sometimes get books through the mail. Today, I
      opened a package and found Peg Kerr's THE WILD SWANS (very definitely a
      mythopoeic story). This was great, since I haven't yet bought the book, and
      because it's a future Rivendell discussion topic.

      Joan

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
    • David Lenander
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
        I've described the book as something of a combination of Jane Yolen's _Briar
        Rose_ with Pat Wrede's _Snow White and Red Rose_, without roses; trying to
        describe the form--I might also have mentioned Faulkner's _The Wild Palms_, or
        perhaps Garner's _Red Shift_, but that probably implies a more ambitious form
        than it actually contains.

        If you'd like to check out some actual reviews, there are some links from the
        Peg Kerr web-page that I maintain at
        web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/PegKerrBibliog.html

        and some of these have been fantastic raves.

        Responding to the message of <55905.verba001@...>
        from mythsoc@onelist.com:

        > From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
        >
        > Because I'm a SFWA member, I sometimes get books through the mail. Today, I
        > opened a package and found Peg Kerr's THE WILD SWANS (very definitely a
        > mythopoeic story). This was great, since I haven't yet bought the book, and
        > because it's a future Rivendell discussion topic.

        David Lenander, Library Manager I
        Bio-Medical Library Access Services work: (612)626-3375
        Circulation, Core Collections & Reserve Desks home: (651)292-8887
        Diehl Hall/505 Essex SE fax: (612)626-2454
        University of Minnesota
        Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455

        e-mail: d-lena@...
        web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/OnceUponATime.html