Radegast?

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 1999
      I found the following remark in a discussion of a supposed "drowned city" in
      the Baltic; it has reference to the persistence of paganism in the North of
      Europe:

      <<The last altars to Perun and Radegast were pulled down on Ruegen as late as
      1645!!! >>

      Perun, I knew, was the Slavic thunder-god, akin to Thor I believe. But the
      mention of "Radegast" was interesting.

      Mary S