COINHERENCE (Charles Williams list)

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 25, 1999
      COINHERENCE, the Charles Williams e-mail discussion list, can be joined via
      the eGroups list site:

      http://www.eGroups.com

      The list functions as a dynamic companion for the Web site, the Web of Exchange
      http://www.thepentagon.com/cdavis/

      which should also be of interest to Williams fans. (There is a link to the
      site from the "Resources" section of the Mythopoeic Society web site, as
      well....)

      Ellie

      Eleanor M. Farrell
      Editor, Mythprint
      P.O. Box 320486
      San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
      E-mail: emfarrell@...

      Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
    • THEODORE SHERMAN
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 26, 1999
        Ellie,

        The web of exchange link is dead (has been for a while if I remember correctly). I
        tried it again today and it doesn't work.

        Ted

        Eleanor Farrell wrote:

        > From: Eleanor Farrell <emfarrell@...>
        >
        > COINHERENCE, the Charles Williams e-mail discussion list, can be joined via
        > the eGroups list site:
        >
        > http://www.eGroups.com
        >
        > The list functions as a dynamic companion for the Web site, the Web of Exchange
        > http://www.thepentagon.com/cdavis/
        >
        > which should also be of interest to Williams fans. (There is a link to the
        > site from the "Resources" section of the Mythopoeic Society web site, as
        > well....)
        >
        > Ellie

        > Eleanor M. Farrell
        > Editor, Mythprint
        > P.O. Box 320486
        > San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
        > E-mail: emfarrell@...
        >
        > Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
        > Mythopoeic Society web site: http://www.mythsoc.org

        Prof. Theodore James Sherman
        6545 Dynasty Drive
        Murfreesboro, TN 37128
      • Daffyd ap Morgen
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 1999
          At 08:06 PM 9/26/1999 -0500, you wrote:
          >From: THEODORE SHERMAN <tedsherman@...>
          >
          >Ellie,
          >
          >The web of exchange link is dead (has been for a while if I remember
          correctly). I
          >tried it again today and it doesn't work.
          >
          >Ted

          Yes, I have discovered the same. But this is not a problem.

          I have joined the Coinherence-l list. Thank you to those who have replied
          with the info I was asking for.

          Daffyd ap Morgen
        • David Lenander
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 1999
            I hadn't noticed that the link was old. The link I have, on the Hermits' Pool page
            is

            Coinherence (discussion of Charles Williams) contact David Davis,
            ddavis@...
            or visit their web-page, The Web of Exchange
            http://people.ne.mediaone.net/davisfamily/index.htm\

            and it still works as of now....

            Also, it contains archives for Sept. 99 for the discussion list, so I'm pretty sure
            it's still going. I'll be sure to send an update to Ellie for the next Mythprint.

            --David Lenander, MythSoc Secretary for Discussion & Special Interest Groups

            THEODORE SHERMAN wrote:

            > From: THEODORE SHERMAN <tedsherman@...>
            >
            > Ellie,
            >
            > The web of exchange link is dead (has been for a while if I remember correctly). I
            > tried it again today and it doesn't work.
            >
            > Ted
            >
            > Eleanor Farrell wrote:
            >
            > > From: Eleanor Farrell <emfarrell@...>
            > >
            > > COINHERENCE, the Charles Williams e-mail discussion list, can be joined via
            > > the eGroups list site:
            > >
            > > http://www.eGroups.com
            > >
            > > The list functions as a dynamic companion for the Web site, the Web of Exchange
            > > http://www.thepentagon.com/cdavis/
            > >
            > > which should also be of interest to Williams fans. (There is a link to the
            > > site from the "Resources" section of the Mythopoeic Society web site, as
            > > well....)
            > >
            > > Ellie
            > >
            > > ********************************************************************************
            > > Eleanor M. Farrell
            > > Editor, Mythprint
            > > P.O. Box 320486
            > > San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
            > > E-mail: emfarrell@...
            > >
            > > Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
            > > Mythopoeic Society web site: http://www.mythsoc.org
            > > ********************************************************************************
            > >
            > > > The Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org
            >
            > --
            > Prof. Theodore James Sherman
            > 6545 Dynasty Drive
            > Murfreesboro, TN 37128

          • THEODORE SHERMAN
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 27, 1999
              I just tried the mediaone.net link that David Lenander provided and it brought up a page
              with the following information:

              Not Found

              The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either
              outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.

              I assume, David, that you were able to access it. Are any of you others able to access
              it?

              Ted

            • Matthew Winslow
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 27, 1999
                Ted,

                Ignore the last slash in that address. It should be:

                http://people.ne.mediaone.net/davisfamily/index.htm

                which works.

                matt

                THEODORE SHERMAN [tedsherman@...] wrote:
                > From: THEODORE SHERMAN <tedsherman@...>
                >
                > I just tried the mediaone.net link that David Lenander provided and it brought up a page
                > with the following information:
                >
                > Not Found
                >
                > The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either
                > outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.
                >
                > I assume, David, that you were able to access it. Are any of you others able to access
                > it?
                >
                > Ted
                >
                > David Lenander wrote:
                >
                > > From: David Lenander <d-lena@...>
                > >
                > > I hadn't noticed that the link was old. The link I have, on the Hermits' Pool page
                > > is
                > >
                > > Coinherence (discussion of Charles Williams) contact David Davis,
                > > ddavis@...
                > > or visit their web-page, The Web of Exchange
                > > http://people.ne.mediaone.net/davisfamily/index.htm\
                > >
                > > and it still works as of now....
                > >
                > > Also, it contains archives for Sept. 99 for the discussion list, so I'm pretty sure
                > > it's still going. I'll be sure to send an update to Ellie for the next Mythprint.
                > >
                > > --David Lenander, MythSoc Secretary for Discussion & Special Interest Groups
                > >
                > > THEODORE SHERMAN wrote:
                > >
                > > > From: THEODORE SHERMAN <tedsherman@...>
                > > >
                > > > Ellie,
                > > >
                > > > The web of exchange link is dead (has been for a while if I remember correctly). I
                > > > tried it again today and it doesn't work.
                > > >
                > > > Ted

                > > > --
                > > > Prof. Theodore James Sherman
                > > > 6545 Dynasty Drive
                > > > Murfreesboro, TN 37128

                > > > The Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org
                >
                > --
                > Prof. Theodore James Sherman
                > 6545 Dynasty Drive
                > Murfreesboro, TN 37128

                "A man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't
                read them."
                --Mark Twain
                Currently reading: Newton's Cannon by J. Gregory Keyes
              • THEODORE SHERMAN
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 27, 1999
                  Thanks, Matt, for the correction.

                  Ted

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 28, 1999
                    At 10:38 AM 9/27/1999 -0500, you wrote:
                    >From: David Lenander <d-lena@...>
                    >
                    >I hadn't noticed that the link was old. The link I have, on the Hermits'
                    Pool page
                    >is
                    >
                    >Coinherence (discussion of Charles Williams) contact David Davis,
                    >ddavis@...
                    >or visit their web-page, The Web of Exchange
                    >http://people.ne.mediaone.net/davisfamily/index.htm\

                    Ah, thank you. However, anyone using this will have to remove/delete the
                    "\" at the end or it won't work. But the Exchange webpage IS there and I
                    have it bookmarked now.

                    Daffyd ap Morgen