Finders Keepers

  • spark654@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2003
      mythsoc@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > I'm still stymied over why--after the avalanche moment in FOTR and the
      > > wraith
      > > seeing Frodo with the ring--Saruman and Sauran can't just send everything
      >
      > > they've got at the person with the ring.
      >
      > Well, see, there's where you need to have read the book! Throughout most
      > of
      > it, the Ringbearer and Company are =sneaking around= keeping S&S from
      > FINDING
      > OUT where the person with the ring is.
      >
      > Jackson loses this point.

      That's my point; I'm not familiar with the book, nor are many viewers, and I
      still can't figure out why in the movie it seems it should be obvious by now
      where the ring is.

      Sparkdog

    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2003
        spark654@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 1/7/03 9:14:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        > mythsoc@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >
        > > > I'm still stymied over why--after the avalanche moment in FOTR
        > > > and the wraith seeing Frodo with the ring--Saruman and Sauran
        > > > can't just send everything they've got at the person with the
        > > > ring.
        > >
        > > Well, see, there's where you need to have read the book!
        > > Throughout most of it, the Ringbearer and Company are =sneaking
        > > around= keeping S&S from FINDING OUT where the person with the
        > > ring is.
        > >
        > > Jackson loses this point.
        >
        > That's my point; I'm not familiar with the book, nor are many
        > viewers, and I still can't figure out why in the movie it seems
        > it should be obvious by now where the ring is.

        Because the scriptwriters have made a mistake. You're quite
        right; given those scenes in the movie, Saruman and/or Sauron
        should have located the Ringbearer by now. Maybe the RotK movie
        will be MUCH shorter than has been advertised. :)

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>