Hokey

  • spark654@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2003
      mythsoc@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > This very current style, plus the sfx (which are nowhere near as seamless
      > as many reviewers think), will make these films look unbearably hokey in 20
      >
      > years time.

      Like King Kong or Oz, I think the story and characters will be strong enough
      to overcome any minor fx flubs. Plus, in the footsteps of Lucas and
      Spielberg, the owners of these films will probably "touch up" the effects
      over time.

      I've read plenty of quibbles about the fx, but mostly raves about the
      storytelling and characters.

      Sparkdog