Phantastes: Call for Submissions

  • Staci Dumoski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 1999
      Phantastes, The Online Journal of Fantasy Criticism, is currently
      accepting submissions for our Spring 1999 issue, "Words of Wonder: The
      Language of Fantasy".

      From naming to poetry to spells and enchantments, language plays a crucial
      part in weaving the magic of fantasy literature. Appropriate topics might
      include language creation, poetry, naming people and places, author's
      voice and style, or the use of formal (antique) language.

      Submission Deadline: February 15, 1998

      Articles not directly relating to theme will be considered as well, so
      long as they deal with the topic of fantasy fiction.

      Phantastes will pay $5 for three-month exclusive online rights and
      requests non-exclusive archival rights.

      More information can be found at
      http://www.nocturne.org/phantastes/submissions.html or email the editor at
      unicorn@....

      In addition, Phantastes is seeking to fill the position of Associate
      Editor, Media Reviews. This is currently a non-paying position. For more
      details, please contact Staci Dumoski at unicorn@.... Please
      describe your experience and provide an example of your work.

      Staci Dumoski
      unicorn@...
      Editor, Phantastes